- 4largegreen peppersor red peppers, seeded, cored and sliced in half lengthwise
- 2tablespoonsolive oil
- 1/2cupmushrooms, chopped
- 1/2cuponions, chopped
- 1/2cupcelery, chopped
- 1garlic clove, chopped
- 1-1 1/4lblean ground turkey(I use 93% lean)
- 1egg, beaten
- 1/4teaspoongarlic powder
- 1teaspoonitalian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce)canItalian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce)cantomato sauce
- parmesan cheeseor mozzarella cheese, for topping(fresh grated or shredded)
- italian seasoning, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On stovetop in a medium skillet or saucepan, sautee mushroom, onion, celery and garlic in olive oil until veggies are soft; remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl,combine ground turkey, egg, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Add sautee veggie mixture to turkey mixture; mix well.
- Stuff peppers with turkey/veggie mix and place in an ungreased shallow casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine undrained tomatoes and tomato sauce; pour over peppers to cover.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and Italian seasonings; cover with aluminum foil and bake for 50 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle with mozzarella and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and browned.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »