- 1lemon, zest of, minced
- 2tablespoonspine nuts
- 2tablespoons shelled rawpistachio nuts
- 3cupsbasil leaves
- 1/2cupextra virgin olive oil
- 1cupheavy cream
- 3/4cupparmesan cheese, grated
- Crush garlic, lemon zest, salt, pistachios, and pine nuts to a smooth, thick paste with a mortar and pestal.
- Transfer to a blender and add 1/2 cup olive oil.
- Blend until very smooth.
- Add basil leaves in batches, stopping the machine and pushing the leaves down from time to time until a smooth paste is achieved.
- Transfer to a sauce pan.
- Add 2/3 cup of water to the blender and pulse/clean to get the rest of the paste, scrapping down the sides.
- Pour water into sauce pan with basil paste.
- Heat, stirring to combine.
- When heated through, stir in cream and cook until sauce has thickened a bit.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- Serve over rough pasta such as Rusticane-Pasta or Lanterne-Pasta.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »