- 1unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry
- 3/4cupgranulated sugar
- 1teaspoonground cinnamon
- 1/2teaspoonground ginger
- 2largeegg whites
- 1 (15 ounce)canpumpkin
- 1 (12 fluid ounce)canfat-free evaporated milk
- MIX sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, ginger and salt in small bowl.
- Beat egg whites lightly in large bowl.
- Stir in pumpkin and sugar mixture.
- Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- POUR into pie shell.
- BAKE in preheated 425°F oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350° F.
- ;bake for additional 30 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
- (Do not freeze as this will cause filling to separate from crust.).
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »