- 1/4cupextra-virgin olive oil
- 1clovegarlic, minced
- 1teaspoon finely choppedthyme
- 1/2teaspoon finely choppedmarjoram
- 1lbboneless skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 (5 ounce)bagsbaby spinach, prewashed
- 3ouncesasiago cheese, coarsely shredded
- 3ouncesFontina cheese, coarsely shredded
- 3ouncesparmesan cheese, finely grated
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the linguine until al dente.
- Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of olive oil with the garlic, thyme and marjoram.
- Cut chicken into 3-by-1/2-inch strips, then add to bowl, Season with salt and pepper and toss.
- Heat a large skillet, Add the spinach and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until wilted, Transfer to a colander and drain well.
- Wipe out the skillet, Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil until shimmering, Add the chicken and marinade, Cook over moderately high heat until just cooked through, about 3 minutes, Toss in the spinach.
- Return the pasta to the pot, Add the chicken, spinach, Asiago, Fontina and half of the Parmesan, Add 3/4 cup of the reserved water.
- Cook over low heat, tossing, until creamy, 1 minute; add more water if needed.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a bowl, sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »