- 4chicken quarters
- 3/4cupplain nonfat yogurt
- 1teaspoongaram masala
- 1 1/2teaspoonschili powder
- 1teaspoonground coriander
- 1tablespoonlemon juice
- red food coloring
- 2tablespoonscorn oil
- Rinse, skin, and pat dry the chicken.
- Make 2 slits in the flesh of each piece and set aside.
- Mix together the yogurt, garam marsala, ginger, garlic, chilli powder, turmeric, coriander, lemon juice, salt, a few drops of red food coloring, and oil; beat so that all ingredients are well mixed.
- Cover the chicken with the mixture and allow to marinate for 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 475 F and transfer the chicken to an ovenproof dish.
- Bake the chicken for 25 minutes until the chicken is cooked right through and browned on the top.
- Remove from the oven, place on a serving dish, and garnish with salad leaves, lime wedges, and a quartered tomato.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »