- 3/4cupgranulated sugar
- 1teaspoonground cinnamon(See note)
- 1/2teaspoonground ginger(See note)
- 1/4teaspoonground cloves(See note)
- 1 (15 ounce)can libby 100%pumpkin puree
- 1 (12 ounce)canCarnation Evaporated Milk
- 1unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry
- whipped cream (optional)
- Note: Substitute 1 3/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon, ginger, and cloves (taste will be sligltly different).
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves in small bowl.
- Beat eggs in large bowl.
- Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture.
- Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees; bake for 40-50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
- Top with whipped cream before serving for best results!
- Do not overcook – overcooking leads to pie cracking in the middle.
- Try to bake the day you will serve the pie. Cooking in advance can make the crust soggy. If you have to bake a day before serving, pop the pie in the oven for 5-10 minutes and it should bring the crust back to life!
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »