- 2tablespoonsoyster sauce
- 1tablespoonhoisin sauce
- 1tablespoonrice vinegar
- 1tablespoondry sherryor rice wine
- 1teaspoonbrown sugar
- 1teaspoonreduced sodium soy sauce
- 1teaspoontoasted sesame oil
- 3teaspoonscanola oil, divided
- 1lb thincenter-cut pork chops, cut into thin julienne strips
- 2clovesgarlic, minced
- 1tablespoon mincedfresh ginger
- 1 (8 ounce)cansliced water chestnuts, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce)can slicedbamboo shoots, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 8ouncesshiitake mushrooms, stemmed,cut into julienne strips
- 4scallions, greens only,sliced
- 1headiceberg lettuce
- To Prepare Sauce: Combine oyster sauce, water, hoisin sauce, vinegar, sherry (or rice wine), cornstarch, brown sugar, soy sauce and sesame oil in a small bowl.
- To Prepare Stir-fry: Heat 2 tsp canola oil over medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet or wok.
- Add pork; cook, stirring constantly, until no longer pink, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Wipe out the pan.
- Add remaining 1 tsp oil, garlic and ginger; cook stirring constantly, until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Add water chestnuts, bamboo shoots and mushroom; cook, stirring often, until mushrooms have softened, about 4 minutes.
- Return the pork to the pan and add the sauce.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until a thick glossy sauce has formed, about 1 minute.
- Serve sprinkled with scallions and wrapped in lettuce leaves.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »