- 1cupdried lentils
- 3carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3stalkscelery, sliced
- 4clovesgarlic, left whole
- 1onion, finely chopped
- 3cupschicken stock
- 2tablespoonsextra virgin olive oil
- 1/2lbfarfalle pasta
- salt and pepper, to taste
- romano cheese
- Rinse dry lentils.
- In large stock pot put lentils, carrots, celery, whole garlic, onion, chicken stock, water, olive oil, salt& pepper.
- Bring to boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Cover and let cook for approximately one hour.
- In separate pot, boil farfalle pasta.
- When done, drain and add approximately one tablespoon of olive oil to keep pasta from sticking.
- Cover the bottom of a soup bowl with cooked pasta and then fill with cooked lentil soup.
- Sprinkle grated Romano cheese on top and enjoy.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »