- 3cupscarrots, cut into 1/3 inch slices
- 1 1/2cupslentils, cooked,drained
- 1/2cuponions, finely chopped
- 1teaspooncurry powder
- 2tablespoonsshoyuor tamari
- 1cup uncookedoats
- 1/2cupwalnuts or pecans, chopped
- 2tablespoonsparsley, finely chopped
- Steam the carrots until tender.
- Drain the carrots, and, if desired, reserve the water to make a sauce to serve with the loaf.
- Mix together the cooked carrots and lentils.
- Mash them coarsely with a potato masher.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pack the mixture into a well-oiled loaf pan.
- Decorate the top of the loaf with nut halves, if desired.
- Bake at 350 °F for 35-40 minutes, or until firm and golden brown.
- After baking, let the loaf stand for about 5 minutes, and then unmold it onto a serving platter.
- For an attractive presentation, surround the unmolded loaf with sliced ripe tomatoes, or any other colorful vegetable.
- Serve with the sauce of your choice.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »