- plain cook Recipes - http://www.plaincook.com -
Lentil Bolognese. Recipe
Posted By alice On July 11, 2011 @ 2:00 pm In Recipes | No Comments
- 1onion, chopped
- 2garlic cloves, crushed
- 2carrots, coarsely grated
- 2celery ribs, chopped
- 45mlolive oil
- 115gred lentils
- 1 (400 g)canchopped tomatoes
- 30mltomato puree
- 450mlvegetable stock
- 15mlfresh marjoram, chopped
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- In a large saucepan gently fry the onion, garlic, carrots and celery in the olive oil until they are soft.
- Add the lentils, tomatoes, tomato puree, stock, marjoram and seasoning.
- Bring the mixture to the boil then partly cover with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes until thick and soft.
- Use the Bolognese as required.
Article printed from plain cook Recipes: http://www.plaincook.com
URL to article: http://www.plaincook.com/lentil-bolognese-Recipe-2011-07-11/
Click here to print.