- 1/2cupwater, plus(70º to 80ºF)
- 2tablespoonswater(70º to 80ºF)
- 3tablespoonslemon juice
- 3tablespoonsbutteror margarine
- 2tablespoonspoppy seeds
- 1tablespoon gratedlemons, rind of
- 1/4teaspoonground nutmeg
- 3cupsbread flour
- 2teaspoonsbread machine yeast
SWEET SPICE BUTTER (optional)
- 1/2cupbutter or margarine, softened
- 1/3cuppowdered sugar, sifted
- 1/8-1/4teaspoonground nutmeg
- Measure all ingredients except Sweet Spice Butter into bread machine pan in the order that the bread machine manufacturer suggests.
- Process in basic cycle on lightest crust setting (or select medium crust setting based on your machine and preference for crust color).
- Remove baked bread from pan and cool on wire rack.
- Serve with Sweet Spice Butter, if desired.
- Sweet Spice Butter: In small bowl, combine 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine, 1/3 cup sifted powdered sugar and 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg.
- Beat until smooth.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »