- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1onion, chopped
- 250g lean rindelessbacon, roughly chopped(leave a little fat on)
- 2cupsarborio rice
- 3/4cuplemon juice
- 4cupschicken stock(I use tinned Chicken Consomme Soup)
- 1cupsliced mushrooms
- 3/4cup gratedparmesan cheese
- In a small pot combine lemon juice& stock and bring to a simmer.
- Keep covered with a lid so it does not evaporate all away.
- Lightly spray olive oil in another large heavy based pot.
- Add the onion and bacon and cook over a medium heat until onion is softened.
- Add arborio rice and and cook over medium heat until rice warms for about 5 minutes (don’t allow to brown).
- Add 1 cup of the hot lemon stock to the rice, stirring well with a wooden spoon.
- Once the stock has absorbed, add the mushrooms and another cup of hot stock.
- Stir well and wait until the stock has been absorbed before adding another cup of the hot stock.
- Repeat the above step until all the stock has been absorbed.
- (adjust consistency with more/less water or stock if required).
- Remove from heat& stir in parmesan cheese.
- Cover with lid and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »