- 2 1/2cupspowdered sugar
- 2cupsbutter, softened(NOT margarine)
- 2teaspoons gratedlemons, rind of
- 3tablespoonslemon juice
- 3teaspoonsbaking powder
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce)packagecanned poppy seed filling
- 1cuppowdered sugar
- 1-2tablespoonlemon juice
- In large bowl, beat sugar with butter until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs 1 at time, beating well at medium speed after each addition.
- Beat in lemon peel and juice.
- At low speed, gradually beat in flour and baking powder.
- In medium bowl, blend 3 cups of the batter with poppy seed filling.
- Spread half of plain batter in bottom of ungreased 10” tube or bundt pan.
- Using a large serving spoon, alternately add spoonfuls of poppy seed batter and rest of plain batter.
- Bake at 350°F approximately 1¼ hour until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes, then remove from pan.
- Cool about 1 hour until all cooled.
- Blend together glaze ingredients; if necessary, add more lemon juice for desired drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle glaze over cake.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »