- 2cupsall-purpose flour
- 1tablespoonbaking powder
- 1/2cupgolden raisins(sultanas)
- 1teaspoon gratedlemons, rind of
- 1cupwhipping cream
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in lemon peel and raisins.
- With a fork, stir in cream and water (as needed) until it all comes together into a rough mass.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough 5 or 6 times.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and pat into an 8 inch circle; with a sharp knife, cut halfway through the dough to mark into 12 pie-shaped wedges.
- Bake 20-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool; cut into wedges while still warm.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »