- 1/2cuppowdered sugar
- 8ouncesunsalted butter
- 2cupsall-purpose flour
- 5eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 1/2cupsgranulated sugar
- 1/4cupfresh lemon juice, plus(about 2 lemons)
- 1tablespoonfresh lemon juice
- 1/4cupall-purpose flour, plus
- 1tablespoonall-purpose flour
- 1 1/2teaspoons finely gratedlemons, zest of
- 1/2baking powder, plus
- 1/8teaspoonbaking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Filling: Beat the butter until it is light and fluffy, add the powdered sugar and beat again until fluffy.
- Add the flour and mix until well incorporated-but don’t over beat it or you will make the dough tough.
- Press this into a 13 x 9 pan.
- Pat evenly.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until light or golden brown.
- Meanwhile make the filling.
- To beaten eggs add the sugar and mix well, stir in the lemon juice, flour lemon zest and baking powder and mix until well incorporated.
- Pour over the warm crust (I only let the crust cool about 5 minutes any longer and the dough starts to shrink from the sides of the pan and your filling will seep underneath) Bake 30-35 minutes.
- The center will not feel completely set-but that’s okay-let cool completely than cut and dust with powdered sugar.
- They cut well after they have been refrigerated about 45 minutes.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »