- 2-3cups cubedcooked lamb
- 1apple, peeled and cored
- 2tablespoonscurry powder
- 1/4teaspoondried thyme
- 1cupchicken stock
- 1/2-1cup choppedcanned tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- Using a food processor (if you have one), finely chop the onion, apple, celery and garlic.
- Melt the butter in a skillet and cook the vegetables until softened but not browned.
- Stir in the curry powder and thyme; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Stir in the chicken stock and tomatoes; simmer for two minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper; add more curry powder if desired.
- For a smooth sauce, puree in the food processor and pour back into the skillet.
- Add the lamb to the skillet; cover and simmer until the lamb is heated through, about 10 minutes, adding a little more stock if the sauce is too thick.
- Serve over rice.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »