- 8hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 1/2cupsmilk
- 1/2cupwhite cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4cup gratedparmesan cheese
- 1/4teaspooncayenne pepper
- Quarter eggs lengthwise.
- Arrange in a single layer in broiler-safe 2 qt round dish.
- Set aside.
- Remove green portion from leeks, and halve lengthwise.
- Wash thoroughly, and pat dry.
- Remove the roots, and cut the leeks lengthwise into thin strips (julienne).
- Heat 4 tbs of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat, add leek strips.
- Cook leeks until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon leeks over eggs in dish.
- Melt remaining 2 tbs butter in a skillet.
- Whisk in flour.
- Add milk, cook until thickened and bubbly.
- Whisk in 1/4 cup of the white cheddar cheese, the Parmesan cheese, and the cayenne pepper.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the leeks and eggs in dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining white cheddar cheese.
- Bake uncovered about 10 minutes in 450 oven, or until the edges are bubbly and the top begins to brown.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »