- 10 thinasparagus spears, trimmed to fit length of pan
- 2large and longleeks
- 2 (250 g)packagesPhiladelphia Cream cheese, softened
- 100gsmoked salmon, finely chopped
- 1/2 gratedlemon, rind of
- juice of ½lemons
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Blanch the asparagus in boiling water for 2-3 minutes until bright green and just tender.
- Remove and plunge into cold water, drain well.
- Finely chop the white section of the leeks to give 1 cup.
- In a large pan, melt the butter, add white leeks and cook for 2 minutes or until soften, cool.
- Slice the green section lengthwise into long ribbon like leaves.
- Blanch in boiling water for 1-2 minutes or until softened, then plunge into cold water, drain well.
- Combine with the Philly, salmon, rind, juice, horseradish, and seasonings in a large bowl until combined.
- Line an 11cm x 21cm loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- Layer the leek ribbons across the pan ensuring they overlap by 1 cm.
- Spoon half the Philly mixture evenly into the pan, top with the asparagus spears, then spoon in the remaining Philly.
- Fold the leek ends over the filling to enclose, trim if necessary.
- Chill until firm.
- Invert onto a serving plate.
- Serve sliced.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »