- 2 (16 ounce)packagescream cheese, softened
- 2tablespoonssoy sauce
- 1teaspoongingerroot, minced
- 3clovesgarlic, minced
- 1/2teaspoonsesame oil
- 1teaspoondried parsley flakes
- 1lbsurimi, finely chopped/flaked(if using real crab, you may want to cut back to 3/4 lb.)
- 1 (14 ounce)packagewonton wrappers
- 1 (7 ounce)jarChinese duck sauce (optional)
- Mix the cream cheese, soy sauce, ginger root, garlic, sesame oil and parsley together in a medium bowl.
- Fold the krab into the cheese mixture.
- Transfer the mixture into an appropriate baking dish and bake at 350°F for about 40 minutes, or until bubbly.
- (This dip can also be served cold or covered and microwaved until bubbly) For wonton dippers, cut the wonton wrappers diagonally into triangles.
- Arrange the triangles in a single layer on a lightly greased baking sheet (as many as can fit, you will have to do more than one batch/sheet).
- Optional: Spray the surface of the wrappers with a nonstick spray Sprinkle the wrappers evenly with the paprika.
- Bake each batch of wonton dippers at 350°F for about 6 to 7 minutes, or until crisp and lightly brown (it may take a little longer if baking these with the dip).
- Optional: Pour half of the duck sauce over the cream cheese mixture and serve the rest with the toasted wonton dippers.
- A hot chinese mustard may also be used as a dipping sauce.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »