- 1/2lbburdock root
- 1tablespoonsoy sauce
- 1tablespoonsake(don’t substitute)
- 1teaspoonsesame seeds
- 1tablespoonvegetable oil
- Peel the burdock root and julienne it (matchstick size) into very thin strips.
- Soak the burdock matchsticks in water for 30 minutes and drain well.
- While the burdock is soaking, peel the carrot and julienne it into matchsticks of a similar size as the burdock root.
- Put vegetable oil in a frying pan and put it on high heat.
- Add burdock sticks and fry for a couple minutes.
- Add carrot sticks in the hot pan and fry for one to two minutes, moving the vegetables around constantly.
- Add all remaining ingredients in the pan and stir well.
- Remove from heat and serve!
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »