- 1tablespoonvegetable oil
- 2cupsonions, chopped
- 1cupcarrots, chopped
- 1cupcelery, chopped
- 1 (32 ounce)cantomatoes, chopped, undrained
- 2bay leaves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 1/2cupswateror vegetable stock
- 1/2cupdried kasha, uncooked
- Heat oil in a stockpot or large saucpan over medium heat.
- Add onions, carrots, and celery.
- Sautee until onions are translucent and begining to turn golden, about 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, bay leaves, and water/stock.
- Bring boil, then reduce to low heat, cover and simmer 40 minutes.
- Stir in kasha, cover, and cook 20 minutes more or until kasha is tender.
- Remove and discard bay leaves before serving.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »