- 2 1/2cupswater
- 2tablespoonsflax seeds
- 1/3cup uncookedbrown rice
- 1/3cupwheat berries
- 1/3cup uncookedbarley
- 1/2cupgolden raisins
- Bring water to a boil and add flax, brown rice, wheat berries and barley.
- Cover and simmer on low for 25 minutes.
- Add the raisins and golden raisins and continue to simmer, covered, for 15 minutes more or until water is absorbed and grains are desired consistency.
- Serve with your choice of toppings: butter, cream/soy milk/rice milk, honey, brown sugar, dried or fresh fruit, etc.
- This can be cooked ahead; just store in covered microwave-safe dishes and refrigerate until needed, warm to desired temperature.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »