- 1cupgranulated sugar
- 1/2cupKahluaor othercoffee-flavored liqueur
- 8tablespoonsunsalted butter
- 1largelemon, zest of, grated
- 3/4teaspoonground cinnamon
- 6ouncesdried apples
- 6ouncesdried apricots
- 6ouncesdried prunes, pitted
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, sugar, Kahlua, butter, lemon zest, cinnamon and cornstarch.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring often to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the dried apples, apricots, and prune; return to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the liquid is syrupy, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the compote to a medium bowl and allow to cool completely.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours or overnight.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »