- 1tablespoonolive oil
- 1lblean ground beef
- 1smallonion, finely chopped
- 2clovesgarlic, minced
- 1 (10 ounce)packagefrozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained or
- 2 (6 ounce)bags freshbaby spinach leaves(chop or leave whole)
- 2teaspoons choppedfresh basil or1/2 teaspoondried basil
- 1/4teaspoondried oregano
- salt and pepper
- Beat the eggs and set aside for step 7.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat.
- When the butter has melted, add the ground beef and cook, stirring occasionaly, until browned and crumbly.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is tender but not browned.
- Stir in the spinach, basil, oregano and nutmeg.
- If using fresh spinach, cook until the spinach wilts.
- Add the beaten eggs to the beef/spinach mixture and cook until the eggs are set, about 3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »