- 1tablespoonvegetable oil
- 1/2largeonion(coarsely chopped)
- 1lbground turkey
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce)packagechili seasoning mix(generic/store brand worked great for us)
- 2 (8 ounce)canstomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce)canblack beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce)candiced tomatoes(we used diced tomatoes with green chillies)
- chili powder, to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, over medium-high heat, saute garlic and onion in oil until onions become slightly tender.
- Add ground turkey, stir occasionally until cooked throughout.
- Once cooked add remaining ingredients (be sure NOT to drain canned items), stirring after each item is added.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or so, until heated through and flavors are well blended.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »