- 1lbred snapper filletsor any firm light-fleshedfish
- 1lemon, quartered
- olive oil, to taste
- soy sauce, to taste
- habanero sauce or red pepper sauce, to taste
for the jerk rub
- 1tablespoonground allspice
- 1tablespoondried thyme
- 2teaspoonscurry powder
- 1tablespoonmild paprika
- 1 1/2teaspoonsblack pepper
- 1tablespooncayenne pepper
- 1/2teaspoon gratednutmeg
- 1/2teaspoonground cinnamon
- 1/4teaspoonground cloves
- Mix together ingredients for the jerk rub and massage it generously into the fillets.
- Refrigerate fish for about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet large enough to hold the fish in a single layer.
- Place fillets on baking sheet and drizzle the tops lightly with olive oil.
- Bake at 400F for 6 minutes.
- Turn fillets and drizzle once more with a little olive oil.
- Continue baking for 4-6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork (time may vary depending on how thick your fish is).
- Just prior to serving, drizzle cooked fillets with lemon juice, a little soy sauce, and however much pepper sauce you prefer.
- Serve hot.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »