- 1/4cupwarm water
- 3/4cup warmmilk
- 1 1/2teaspoonssalt
- 1egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2cupbutter, melted
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in water then stir in milk, salt and egg.
- Add 1/2 of the flour and stir, continue to add flour until you have a dough that can be turned out of the bowl.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes until smooth but firm.
- Oil a clean bowl and turn the dough in it until coated.
- Cover with a damp towel and let it rise for 1 hours Cut into 10 portions and roll each piece into a 6 inch diameter circle.
- Brush with melted butter then fold in 1/2.
- Brush with more butter and fold in 1/2 again.
- Set breads on a oiled baking sheet and let them rise until they double in size.
- Preheat oven to 425 F set a pan of hot water on the lowest oven rack.
- Bake for about 12- 15 minutes or until golden brown (on upper rack, set to middle).
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »