- 6pork loin chops
- 2tablespoonsshorteningor vegetable oilor olive oil
- 1mediumonion, chopped
- 1/4cupgreen peppers, chopped
- 2 (8 ounce)canstomato sauce
- 1teaspoongarlic salt
- 5mediumpotatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1cup gratedromano cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat shortening in large skillet; add pork chops and brown quickly on both sides.
- Remove chops and drain off all but 2 tablespoons fat.
- Cook onion and green pepper in remaining fat for about 3 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add tomato sauce, water, sugar and seasonings.
- Heat to boiling and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Arrange potatoes in a large shallow baking dish or casserole.
- Place pork chops on top of potatoes and pour sauce over all.
- Cover casserole with lid or foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Remove cover and sprinkle with grated romano cheese, returning to oven and baking 15 minutes longer.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »