- 1lbfresh broccoli
- 2mediumtomatoes, sliced into 8 wedges
- 1/2teaspoongarlic powder
- 1/2teaspoondried oregano
- 1/2cup shreddedmozzarella cheese
- 2tablespoonssliced ripe olives
- clean broccoli, chop off tough ends and discard.
- cut off florets and pare tough broccoli “bark” off stems, then cut into small spears, and steam until tender, 8-10 minutes.
- In saucepan cook broccoli with tomato, water, and spices over medium heat (stirring gently) until heated through, 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and olives, remove from heat, cover and let stand until cheese melts (2-3 minutes).
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »