- 1lbdry northern white beans
- 2onions, diced
- 6carrots, diced
- 1-3tablespoonolive oil
- 4stalkscelery, diced
- 1bunchswiss chard
- 4clovesgarlic, minced
- 5tomatoes, diced
- 6cupschicken stock
- 1loafItalian bread, 1 inch cubes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2bunchfresh parsley, minced
- 1cup shreddedparmesan cheese
- Cover beans with water and soak overnight.
- Drain, add fresh water to cover, and simmer until done.
- In a medium sized soup pot, saute onions and carrots in olive oil for 3 minutes.
- Add celery, chard and garlic and saute 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and beans and enough chicken stock to cover.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer one hour.
- Stir in bread cubes, salt and pepper, parsley and cheese.
- Let rest on stovetop for 2 to 4 hours.
- Longer is better.
- Reheat prior to serving.
- Top each bowl with some shredded Parmesan cheese.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »