- 1mediumonion, thinly sliced
- 750g uncookedking prawns, shelled,deveined with tails left intact
To be ground to a paste
- 1tablespoon choppedfresh ginger
- 1clovegarlic, peeled,washed and chopped
- 1/4cupfresh mint leaves, washed and chopped
- 1/2cupfresh coriander leaves, washed and chopped
- 1mediumgreen mango, washed,peeled and chopped
- 1/2teaspoonturmeric powder
- 1teaspoonred chili powder
- 1/2teaspooncumin powder
- 1teaspoon groundfennel powder
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Toss in the sliced onion and saute until golden brown in colour.
- Grind the ingredients listed under”to be ground to a paste”.
- Add the ground masala paste to the browned onions.
- Stir and cook until the herbs release a tantalising aroma.
- Fold in the prawns, mix well and cook for 5 minutes or until tender and ready to eat.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve hot with rotis/naans/kulcha.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »