- 2lbslean ground beef
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce)packagestaco seasoning mix
- 4clovesgarlic, minced
- 1/2teaspooncayenne pepper
- 1tablespoonchili powder, to taste
- 1/2teaspooncumin (optional)
- 186-inch corn tortillas
- 1 (24 ounce)jarsalsa
- 1cup slicedgreen onions
- 1 (16 ounce)containersour cream
- 1 1/2cups shreddedcheddar cheese
- 1 1/2cups shreddedmonterey jack cheese
- sour cream
- guacamole, whatever you like
- Place ground beef in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
- Drain, then season with taco seasoning, garlic, cayenne pepper, chili powder and water.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Grease the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Place 6 tortillas into the prepared baking dish.
- Spread 1/3 of the salsa on top of the tortillas.
- Spread 1/2 of the meat mixture evenly over the salsa.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 of the green onions.
- Drop 1/2 of the sour cream randomly over the green onions.
- Top with 1/2 cup Cheddar and 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with 6 tortillas, spread with remaining salsa, and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes or until cheeses are melted.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »