- 12ouncessemi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (12 ounce)canevaporated milk
- 1 (12 ounce)package crushedvanilla wafers, crushed
- 1/2cupbutter or margarine, melted
- 2quartsvanilla ice cream or flavor of your choiceice cream, softened
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt chocoate chips with milk and salt; cook and stir until thickened, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Combine wafer crumbs and butter; set aside 1 cup.
- Press remaining crumbs intoa greased 13x9x2 inch pan.
- Chill for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour chocolate over crumbs.
- Cover and freeze 20-25 minutes or until firm.
- Spread the ice cream over chocolate.
- Sprinkle with remaining crumbs.
- Freeze at least 2 hours before serving.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »