- 1 1/4cupsskim milk
- 1/3cupvegetable oilor canola oil
- 1/4-1/3cupsugar(I use a 1/4 cup measure)
- 3 3/4cupsall-purpose flour(I have never found the need to use bread flour these rise beautifully)
- 2 1/4teaspoonsbread machine yeast
- Place all ingredients in order recommended by your bread machine manufacturer.
- Select dough cycle and start machine.
- I preheat my oven to 100°F and turn off.
- When dough cycle is complete remove from machine and proceed.
- I roll into a long log and cut into 12 pieces for hot dog buns or 9 pieces for large hamburger buns.
- How big you want them is up to you.
- For Hot Dog Buns, I roll out till they look like long skinny wieners,.
- Hamburger Buns, I flatten with my palm till about the thickness of a pancake. They rise beautifully and look as nicely shaped as store bought ones.
- Put on parchment-lined baking sheet so sides are almost touching.
- You can brush with melted butter if you wish but I never bother.
- Cover with cloth and put in the warm oven for 45-60 minutes to rise.
- When doubled remove from oven.
- I bake mine on the top shelf in my oven.
- Turn oven to 400°F and when you put the buns in the oven, reduce temperature immediately to 375° and bake hot dog buns 15 minutes and hamburger buns 17 minutes.
- CINNAMON BUNS. Use 1/3 cup sugar in recipe. Made 10 large buns.
- Roll out to about 12 x 15″ and spread with butter or margarine. Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture over all and roll up tightly. Cut into as many buns as you want. I make 10.
- Set oven to 400° and turn down to 375° when you put buns inches Bake 20 minutes.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »