- 1tablespoonvegetable oil (optional)
- 1lbground beef
- 1pepper(I use cubanelle or banana peppers)(optional)
- 2cups quarteredbutton mushrooms (optional)
- 4cupscrushed tomatoes
- 2tablespoonstomato paste
- 1tablespoonTabasco sauce (optional)
- Set a large pot of salted water on to boil, and prepare the desired amount of pasta.
- Meanwhile, peel and chop the onion and garlic.
- Peel and grate the carrot; grate the zucchini.
- Prepare the mushrooms and pepper if using.
- Put the meat in a very large skillet, with the oil if the meat is very lean, and fry, breaking it up into small bits, until browned.
- When it is half done, add the onion, and continue cooking until there is not any red left in the meat and the onion is translucent.
- Stir the garlic into the meat for a minute, then add the grated carrot and zucchini, and the pepper and mushrooms if using. Mix well.
- Continue cooking, stirring frequently for a few minutes until the vegetables are soft. Season with the salt, basil and oregano.
- Mix in the crushed tomatoes and the tomato paste.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until well amalgamated.
- Mix in the Tabasco sauce, and serve over hot pasta.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »