- 1 1/2cupsall-purpose flour
- 1/2cupbrown sugar
- 1 1/4teaspoonsbaking soda
- 1teaspoonground cinnamon
- 2teaspoonsground ginger
- 1/2teaspoonground cloves
- 1/2teaspoonground nutmeg
- 1/2cupfresh orange juice, strained
- 4egg whites or1/2 cupEgg Beaters egg substitute
- 3tablespoonscanola oil
- 1 1/2tablespoons finely gratedfresh gingerroot
- 2tablespoons finely choppedcrystallized ginger
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9″ square baking pan with cooking oil and set aside.
- Whisk dry ingredients (flour through salt) with a metal whisk until thoroughly blended.
- Add the wet ingredients (molasses through vanilla) to the dry with a few swift strokes of a wooden spoon.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted into the center of the gingerbread comes out clean.
- Cool on rack.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »