- 3 1/4cupsdark chocolate
- 4teaspoonssoy milk
- 10tablespoonsunsalted margarine
- 1teaspoonvanilla extract
- 3tablespoonsCointreau liqueur
- 6eggs, separated
- 3 1/4cups finely choppedalmonds
- confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a deep 8- or 9-inch round cake pan.
- In the top of a double boiler set over simmering water, melt the chocolate with the soy milk and margarine.
- Do not allow this to boil.
- (I usually do this step in the microwave at 70% power so as not to burn the chocolate).
- Set aside to cool.
- Stir in the vanilla and Cointreau.
- In a mixing bowl, combine egg yolks and sugar.
- Beat very well.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whip egg whites until peaks form and they are foamy.
- Fold the egg whites into the egg yolk and sugar mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate mixture and finely chopped almonds.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for about 45 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool completely.
- Sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »