- 1-1 1/2lbchicken tenders
- 6-8ouncessliced mushrooms
- 1tablespoonolive oil
- 2-3slicesbacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (6 ounce)box chicken flavoredlong grain and wild rice blend
- 1 (10 ounce)cancream of chicken soup(if you can find the herbed cream soup, it is best)
- 1teaspoonherbs(mixture of your choice, parsley, thyme, tarragon, etc.)
- Saute the chicken pieces and mushrooms in oil and butter until chicken is very lightly browned.
- Place bacon on bottom of 3 1/2 quart or larger crockpot.
- Place package of rice over bacon, reserving the package of seasoning that is enclosed in the box.
- Place chicken tenders over rice.
- Pour soup over chicken, then add water.
- Top with seasonings and sprinkle with herb mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours, or until rice is tender.
- NOTE: Some of the boxed rice mixes may already be combined with the seasonings.
- That is not problem.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »