- 1 (4 lb)roasting chickens
- 1 (12 ounce)packageherb stuffing cubes
- 1largeonion, chopped
- 3/4cupfrozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2ouncesprosciutto or bakedham, cubed
- 2clovesgarlic, minced
- 2teaspoonsdried sage
- 1/2teaspoondried rosemary
- 2tablespoonsheavy cream
- 2tablespoonslemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place roasting rack in large roasting pan.
- Rinse chicken; pat dry with paper towels.
- In large bowl, toss stuffing with 1 C water.
- In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion, spinach, prosciutto, garlic, sage and rosemary to skillet; saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add spinch mixture to stuffing.
- Stir in heavy cream and lemon juice; mix well.
- Spoon stuffing loosely into chicken cavity, filling about 3/4 full.
- Fold skin over openings and close with metal skewers.
- Tuck wings under chicken.
- Place on roasting rack.
- Roast chicken until an instant-read meat thermometer, inserted in the thigh, not touching the bone, registers 180 and chicken is golden, about 1 hour 45 minutes.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »