- 1lbstewing beef, cut into cubes & drenched in
- 2tablespoonsvegetable oil
- 3-4cups cubedvegetables, 1/2 inch cube(I use potato, carrots & turnip)
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce)envelopeonion soup mix
- 2cupshot water
- 1 (8 ounce)can pillsburyready-to-bake refrigerated buttermilk flaky biscuits(If you wish to add biscuits)(optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in oven proof skillet on top of stove.
- Brown the stew meat.
- Remove from stovetop.
- Add cut up vegetables and mix through the meat.
- Sprinkle onion soup mix over the top.
- Add 2 cups of hot water.
- Bake 50- 60 minutes.
- Upon removing from oven should you wish to add the biscuits, do the following- Separate biscuits and cut each in half crosswise making 20 halfmoons.
- Stand on cut edges around pan sides.
- Return to oven for 10- 12 minutes until biscuits are golden brown& cooked on their bottoms.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »