- 1/4cupcanola oil
- 3/4cupDutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1/4teaspoonbaking powder
- 2teaspoonsvanilla extract
- 1cupall-purpose flour
- Beat all ingredients except the flour in your food processor fitted with the steel blade (or in a bowl using an electric mixer) for about 2 minutes.
- Now incorporate the flour just until combined.
- Pour the batter into a lightly greased 9 by 13 inch pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the sides pull away from the pan (the center may not be entirely set).
- Cool in pan before cutting.
- Notes: I successfully replaced 1 cup of sugar with 1 cup of Splenda for baking; You could use milk instead of water, and if you like a cakier brownie, add 1/4 tsp baking soda; You can lower the cholesterol in this recipe by using 3/4 c egg substitute (eg, Egg Beaters) or 3/4 c egg whites instead of whole eggs.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »