- 2cupswhole wheat flour
- 2cupsSplenda sugar substitute
- 2teaspoonsbaking soda
- 1 1/2cupsapplesauce
- 2teaspoonspumpkin pie spice
- 5egg whites
- fat-free whipped toppingor Splenda sugar substitute (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 375, grease a deep 8 inch pan.
- I find it best to use a wooden spoon instead of a mixer to mix this batter.
- Mix first 8 ingredients, mixture will be lumpy.
- Add egg whites, mixing well after each addition.
- Mix in vanilla, continue stiring for a minute or two, but mix should remain lumpy.
- Pour into greased pan, bake 25-35 minutes or until cake seems set and a warm orange brown color on top.
- Cake will remain soft but should hold together well.
- I like to serve warm with Fat Free Whipped Topping, or for truly sugar free just sprinkle some Splenda on top.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »