- 1/2lb gratedgruyere cheese, grated on the large holes of a box grater or the large holed blade of your food processor
- 1/2lbcream cheese
- 2teaspoonsfresh thyme leaves
- salt and pepper
- 6slicessourdough bread, cut from a round loaf(1/2 inch thick)
- 4ouncescooked ham, cut into 12 slices
- 3-4red radishes, very thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a food processor, pulse half the Gruyere cheese and all of the cream cheese until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Transfer mixture to a small mixing bowl.
- Fold in thyme leaves, and season with salt and pepper to your taste preferences.
- Set aside.
- Place bread on a baking sheet, and toast in the center of the oven, flipping halfway through, until golden brown on both sides, (watch closely to avoid burning).
- Spread reserved cheese mixture on each slice of toast, dividing evenly, and sprinkle with remaining Gruyere.
- Place 2 slices of ham on each toast and garnish with sliced radishes.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »