- 16ounces shreddedmonterey jack cheese
- 2cups finely dicedcooked ham
- 1/2cup meltedbutter
- 1teaspoonbaking powder
- 1dozen beateneggs
- 16ouncescottage cheese(I use small curd 4% butterfat kind)
- salt and pepper
- 6 slicedcooked bacon, crumbled (optional)
- Melt butter and place half of it in 9X13 pan.
- Sift dry ingredient together.
- Alternately add dry ingredients, ham, and cheeses to eggs in bowl.
- If preparing night before, refrigerate at this point.
- Stir in remaining butter, and place mixture in pan.
- Bake at 400 F for 15 minutes; then at 325 F for 15 more minutes- (Baking time is for room temperature ingredients and pan- If they are cold, let them come to room temperature before baking or you will need to increase the baking time considerably).
- It is done with a kife inserted in center comes out clean.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »