- 2cupslow sodium chicken broth
- 1cupchopped tomatoes
- 3/4teaspoongarlic powder
- 2red potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4cupsmilk, divided
- 1teaspoonchili powder
- 3/4teaspoonsalt(more or less depending on chicken broth used)
- black pepper
- 1cupjalapeno jack cheese, shredded
- 2cupsmonterey jack cheese, shredded
- slicedgreen onions(to garnish)
- In a soup pot, combine chicken broth, tomatoes, garlic powder and potatoes.
- Heat to boiling; cover and reduce heat to medium and simmer 10 minutes then remove from heat and set aside.
- Melt butter in a separate saucepan, stir in flour and cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes.
- Blend in 2-1/2 cups of the milk, 1/2 cup at a time, whisking until smooth and thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir into the broth mixture.
- Return the soup pot to the stove and cook over medium heat, then stir in remaining milk, salt, pepper, chili powder and cheese.
- Cook until cheese is melted and soup is heated through.
- Garnish with green onion slices.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »