- 1teaspoonground cumin
- 1teaspoongarlic powder
- 1/2teaspoonsugar (optional)
- 1/4teaspoonground cinnamon
- 1/4teaspooncayenne pepper
- 2 (1 1/2 lb)Cornish hens, halved, backbone removed with kitchen shears
- lemon wedges
- Mix spices in a small bowl.
- Rub all over hens and grill immediately, or cover airtight and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- Heat barbecue grill.
- Place hens, skin side down, 4 to 6 inches above heat source.
- Grill 20 to 30 minutes, turning once, until meat is opaque near the bone and juices run clear when thigh is pierced.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »