- 2tablespoonsolive oil
- 1smallSpanish onion, coarsely chopped
- 1tablespoon gratedfresh ginger
- 3cupsapple cider
- 1tablespoonbrown sugar
- 1/2cupolive oil
- 1tablespoonfresh ground black pepper
- 2clovesgarlic, mashed
- 10sprigsfresh marjoram
- 2 (6 ounce)halibut fillets
- salt, to taste
- Glaze: Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and cook until soft.
- Add the ginger and cook an additional minute.
- Raise the heat to high, add the apple cider, brown sugar and honey, and reduce to 1 cup.
- Let cool.
- Marinade: Combine the marinade in a medium shallow baking dish.
- (I use a Tupperware container made for a marinade where you can turn it over half-way through– or you can use a large plastic freezer bag that you can turn over–).
- Add halibut fillets and turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- To Cook: Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Remove halibut from marinade and season with salt.
- Grill, skin side down, for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until preferred doneness.
- During the last 1 minute of grilling, brush the skin side with the glaze.
- Remove from the grill and glaze each fillet again.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »