- 4boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 3/4cupschicken stock
- 1cup finepolenta
- 1lbbaby spinach
- 6ounces lamb’slettuce
- 8sprigs freshlavender
- 12cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt and black pepper
- 6 freshlavender flowers
- 2teaspoons finely gratedorange rind
- 2clovesgarlic, crushed
- 2tablespoonsolive oil
- 2teaspoons freshly choppedthyme
- 2teaspoons freshly choppedmarjoram
- To make the marinade, strip the lavender flowers from the stems and combine with the orange rind, garlic, honey and salt; add the olive oil and herbs.
- Slash the chicken deeply, spread the mixture over the chicken and marinate in the refrigerator 20 minutes.
- To cook the polenta – in a heavy saucepan, bring the chicken stock to a boil; add the polenta in a steady stream, stirring all the time until thick; this will take 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn the cooked polenta out onto a 1 inch deep buttered tray and allow to cool.
- Heat the broiler to medium. (If using a barbecue, let the embers settle to a steady glow)Grill the chicken about 15 minutes, turning once.
- Cut the polenta into 1 inch cubes with a wet knife.
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan and fry the polenta until golden brown.
- Wash the salad leaves and spin dry, divide among 4 large plates.
- Slice each chicken breast and lay over the salad.Place the polenta among the salad, garnish with sprigs of lavender and tomatoes, season to taste and serve.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »