- 150gaubergines(use the small variety preferably the green ones)
- 2tablespoonsoil(or less)
- 6tablespoonsgreen curry paste(I use my Thai Green Curry Paste Gone Greener!)
- 400gchickens, cut into bite sized cubes
- 2cupscoconut milk
- 2tablespoonsfish sauce(I used soy sauce)
- 2-3lemon leaves(use grated lemon rind if you do not get lemon leaves)
- 10-12basil leaves, plus extra
- basil leaves, for garnish
- 2-3green chilies or red chilies, slit long,for garnish (optional)
- Cut the aubergines into halves or chunks depending on the size.
- Heat oil in a vessel.
- Saute the green curry paste for 3 minutes on high flame.
- Add the chicken pcs and saute for 3 minutes more.
- Now lower the heat and add 1 cup coconut milk.
- Simmer till chicken is almost done.
- Add salt, sugar,basil, fish sauce, lemon leaves, brinjal and the remaining coconut milk.
- Cover and simmer till the brinjals and the chicken are well cooked.
- Garnish with the chillies and the basil.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »