- 2lbsgreen beansor baby carrotsor cauliflower florets
- 3tablespoonskosher salt
- 2teaspoonsmustard seeds
- 1 1/2teaspoonsdill weed
- 1teaspoondried hot chili peppers, crushed
- 1teaspoondill seeds
- 6garlic cloves, minced
- 2cupssakeor white vinegar
- 2tablespoonsSplenda sugar substitute
- If using green beans, snip ends from beans and wash thoroughly; leave whole or cut in half if long.
- In a large pan bring the 2 quarts water to boil; add the vegetable of your choice and 1 tablespoon of the salt.
- Let water return to a boil and cook veggies, uncovered until veggies are fork tender but still brightly colored (about 3 minutes for cauliflower, 5 minutes for beans or 7 minutes for carrots).
- Drain immediately and cool.
- Pack veggies into a refrigerator container, and add mustard seed, dill weed, chiles, dill seed and garlic.
- Bring to a boil the 2 cups water, wine or vinegar, sugar and remaining 2 tablespoons salt; pour over veggies.
- Cool, cover and chill overnight or as long as 2 weeks.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »